It is defiinitely fall here...and I love all the fun colors! We've never seen our backyard in the fall before and it is beeeeeeeeautiful. Here's one of my favorite backyard shots along with some pictures of the fun we have in the front yard.


With all of these beautiful fall leaves, we just had to do something to bring the color inside. So, we collected a bunch of leaves (sadly we had to put many of them back outside...we had tons!) and then took some tips from our long lost sixth cousin thrice removed (Martha Stewart) to make our fall leaf mobile. We collected acorns from the front yard and tied them to the ends.


Later in the month we decided to do our first painting project since we moved it. Knowing what a non-daring decorator and person I am, I decided to start with a smaller room -- the dining nook. It hardly has three sides, so I figured I couldn't go too wrong. Above is the before picture and then...

Ta-dah! And yes, I invited Ashley to do that and she painted her name all by herself. I added the others and we had a great time surprising Jared when he came home for lunch, showing him that we painted our names on the wall! Ahh!!!
We also added this wall quote that is on a unique little wall of its own. This was Jared's favorite part.
5 comments:
I LOVE the green. It looks so good! And the pictures of your house are absolutely beautiful--you gotta love the fall! And, I had NO idea you were distant cousins to Martha--I should have guessed because you do have the same last name. :) No wonder you are so creative.
PS-Ashley is very talented with a paint brush. I'm pretty sure she can paint her name better than I could.
So cute. I love the green wall and vinyl lettering! Your backyard looks beautiful :)
Beautiful Cinderella!! Beautiful kitchen! Love the quote. I get to see all this in person too!
Your backyard looks absolutely gorgeous in the Fall. Too bad I never got to see it in person. Instead of driving down I-540 to Ft. Smith to enjoy the Fall foilage, we should just go to your backyard instead. :)
Post a Comment