
Playing in the fountains and eating fudge at Seaport Village. (We had to buy something to get free parking. Hehehe. )
Time with Grandma: Mom had so many fun things strategically placed around the house and yard for Ashley...a purple recorder on the piano (just waiting to be played), books in the drawers of the children's desk, chalk in a special drawer, puzzles, the marble roller, Veggie Tales and of course...yummy treats here and there. We had fun setting up the pool for Ashley to play in while Mom and I worked on (our tans and) her garden.
Fun in the sun!
There were only two downsides of the trip. One, Jared wasn't with us. Sad. Two, our flight got delayed and then cancelled on the way back. It wouldn't have been such a problem except that Mom and Dad were back in San Diego and I was in LA with girls once we found out the plane was cancelled. To make a long, long, long story short...we ended up getting 2 airline ticket vouchers out of it, which made our dirt cheap tickets...even more dirty, I mean...cheap. Oh, and I LOVE my double stroller. That was a lifesaver. Ashley was an amazing sport staying all night in the LA airport (and she even kept her underwear clean!!!). Here we are at my new favorite (airport) place...one of the only places that sells milk around the clock...Starbucks. Although the picture is deceiving, Bethany actually handled it the best of us all. We all bonded over our night in LA and red-eye to Chicago. Needless to say, we all needed a bath and a nap when we got home the next day.



4 comments:
How fun! I'm impressed by the rocking horse your dad MADE! Wow!
I'm glad you were able to find the cheap tickets. :) What a good sport everyone was through the whole airport ordeal! But, at least you did get 2 airline vouchers out of it. It was not all for naught. And, who knew Starbucks served milk 24/7. Good to know!
Great pictures! I LOVE the pen story! That's so funny! And I'm amazed you made it a night in the airport with the two little ones. Wow. Now you get to go vitsit again! (or come visit ME!)
or me!! how fun! you are definitely tan, heidi! and i'm with katie; i can't believe you braved it in the airport alone! i guess you didn't have much choice, did you? great pics - your girlies are so cute. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, BY THE WAY!!! love you!
That looks really fun! I bet Jared missed you guys a lot while you were away. Your girls are so cute!
Post a Comment