Friday, August 26, 2011

It's Official!!

It's official...we are homeschoolers! We have made the jump into the homeschooling world since Ashley started Kindergarten this fall. We are having lots of fun together and I'm learning a lot (oh, and the girls are, too.). ;) Here are some pictures from our first day of school.
Ashley - 5 years old -- first day of Kindergarten

Bethany - 3 years old

Our School Room sign on the school room upstairs

Bethany at her desk.

Ashley at her desk.

Part of our bulletin board

The computer lab. ;)

This is a shelf I got just a day or two before school started, so I'm still figuring out where things go and where I need to add more shelves. For now, it's a great storage spot for our school supplies, curriculum, flag, etc.

Another wall of the school room

Here's a fun pencil cake we made together to celebrate the first day of school. Thanks to Debra for sending me the Food Network magazine that had the idea and instructions.

So far we're having lots of fun with school and the girls like our schedule. Here's hoping the rest of the school year is this easy and this much fun! :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Well, I guess it is a good thing Ashley is a homeschooler since that Pucker up shirt that Ashley wore her first day of school may have given the boys the wrong idea! ;)

Anyway, what a fun classroom! I'm glad you posted some pics so I could see it. And, that pencil cake looks great too! So creative! Your girls are lucky to have such a fun mom and teacher!

Heather said...

You are so much braver than me! I thought about it (and am still considering), but I just don't know if I could homeschool... I'm not as organized as you. We tried last year to do some school and it kinda fell by the wayside. :( We'll see how this year goes with Lance in school. Who knows? I may change my mind!

Cute room and schedule! Your girls really are so lucky to have you as a mother and teacher!

Jan said...

What a cute cute kindergartener you have! And I love the School Room! It looks amazing organized and like a great place for learning! She is so bright...you are already such a great teacher!