I'm reminded of that great Thanksgiving book, I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie. My favorite line is: "I know an old lady who swallowed a pot, I kid you not, she swallowed a pot." Well, this past week I was faced with a situation of similar absurdity.
I looked in my backyard on Friday and saw this:
I kid you not, I saw a peacock!
It perched in one of our trees for about 45 minutes, then walked around the yard for a few hours. We put out some birdseed for it, which it seemed to enjoy. The girls and I had a great time watching it. Eventually it flew up onto the fence post then down on the other side and walked away into the woods. Crazy!
I looked in my backyard on Friday and saw this:
I kid you not, I saw a peacock!
It perched in one of our trees for about 45 minutes, then walked around the yard for a few hours. We put out some birdseed for it, which it seemed to enjoy. The girls and I had a great time watching it. Eventually it flew up onto the fence post then down on the other side and walked away into the woods. Crazy!
5 comments:
WOW! I wonder where that came from. What a fun sight for you and the girls.
I was wondering where in the world our pet was!!! Wow, that is too crazy!
THAT IS AWESOME! I bet no one else can say they've had a peacock strutting around their backyard.
Heidi (Witt) Stewart! How are you! This is your old roomie Ashley (Nielson) Watts. I haven't read your blog in months--years, maybe. I'm more of a Facebooker and I don't blog myself, so I don't follow any blogs, but I'm thinking of jumping into the fray and starting one, so I thought of yours and looked it up again. So funny that the first thing I saw was a mention of "I Know an Old Lady," which my daughter just finished a particular attachment to a few weeks ago. I think we read it a few dozen times in one week! Then I saw the picture of your new van... funny, also, because we just bought the SAME van four months ago. A light blue Sienna, right? I think yours even have the same chrome hubcaps that ours does. And your daughter turned 2 one day after my son did. I miss you my old friend! I'll have to be better about reading and keeping up with your cute family. Hope you are well!
Post a Comment