Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Half-Marathon...check!

Well, I have to start catching up somewhere, so I thought I'd start here. We went to Utah at the beginning of August and my whole immediate family (except Kevin who couldn't make it...sad!) ran the Provo River Half Marathon. We were all so nervous and excited riding the freezing cold bus up to the starting point at 5:30 in the morning, but it turned out to be very rewarding for all. We all beat our finishing time predictions and made good times for our first half-marathon. There's talk of this becoming a yearly tradition. Yikes!
It was a BEAUTIFUL run through the trails, partially following the river, and going right past Bridal Veil Falls. So pretty! I ran my personal best time...ok, my only time of 2:18:08 and met my goal of running the whole way. Woo-hoo! I was most proud of my parents though. I sure hope I can still run a half-marathon when I turn 50!

4 comments:

Katie said...

You are awesome!!!! Congrats on this. And cute family picture!!

Rachel said...

Way to go! That is amazing! What a fun thing that your family all participated in this together. I guess you better start training for next year starting now.... :)

Brenda said...

AWESOME, Heidi! You're so great about making goals...and then making them reality! Yes, you should make it a yearly tradition so that I can see you at least once a year, and maybe someday I will be as brave as you and try it, too! :)

kelgrandy said...

Way to go girl! You inspire me. 13 miles is a long way to run. Good job meeting your goal. Do you want to be my personal trainer after my knee is all fixed up?