...and it's a good thing, too. :) I finished my can rotation system this week, and I couldn't help but think that Dad and Grandpa Witt would be proud. There's just something that runs through the Witt blood that says, "If I can do it myself, why not?" Well, that's what happened when I did this whole can rotation thing. Rather than describe it, I think the pictures say it all. 
Shelf Reliance 6-can rotation shelf, holds 60 cans.

Shelf Reliance 6-can rotation shelf, holds 60 cans.
Cost: $0.87
I could paint it, so you couldn't tell it was free banana boxes, but that would increase the price and I really don't think that many people are going to see into my pantry. The pattern I used came from here, but I tweaked it a little so it would be a perfect fit for my pantry. I only made 9, just for the cans I use and rotate the most. And I have to say that making the tuna one was just...cute.
I could paint it, so you couldn't tell it was free banana boxes, but that would increase the price and I really don't think that many people are going to see into my pantry. The pattern I used came from here, but I tweaked it a little so it would be a perfect fit for my pantry. I only made 9, just for the cans I use and rotate the most. And I have to say that making the tuna one was just...cute.
Now...what should I do with all the money I saved?

5 comments:
that is AWESOME!! as i stated on the phone with you the other day, you are one financial guru. i'm glad i have you to teach me your ways :).
oh, and this is michelle, not peter :).
see?
Wow, way to go--these are great! Although technically I think they cost you more than .87 because you have a label taken off one can of each of the products so wouldn't you have to figure that in there too??
Wow, you go girl! I've emailed the idea to our Food Storage Specialists (Tara and Rach). Great idea.
Post a Comment